Impact Data & Reporting Analyst
Salary range: $60,000-$70,000
ABOUT CITY FIRST ENTERPRISES
City First Enterprises helps achieve racial, economic, and social equity by providing underinvested communities with access to capital and financial expertise. We administer a social impact loan fund, and our borrowers are entrepreneurs and innovators who work in affordable housing, education, small business, the nonprofit sector, and on climate-focused initiatives–in particular green energy. With decades of experience as a Community Development Financial Institution, or CDFI, CFE has an unparalleled legacy of frontline community development in the DC and Baltimore metropolitan areas.
To learn more, please visit us at https://www.cfenterprises.org/.
The ideal person for the Impact Data & Reporting Analyst position enjoys working on a dynamic, small team, can manage multiple responsibilities and has exceptional analytical skills. They seek to play a pivotal role in a growing nonprofit community loan fund that is committed to mission-oriented lending across the region.
The role is key to compliance, fundraising, and program evaluation efforts at the organization. Its core functions are managing impact data, including collection and analysis; performing research; and supporting compliance reporting as well as fundraising endeavors. The person in the position should feel empowered to suggest improvements to existing data management and reporting processes. This role is unique in its breadth across the range of programs, providing exposure and experience in impact investing, affordable housing, small business, and other innovative social impact finance models. The position will work closely with the lending and finance teams but will report to the Manager of Impact Data.
Impact Data Management:
- Working with the Manager of Impact Data, helps manage and improve CFE’s data collection and tracking
- Keeps loan portfolio database up to date, acquiring data from internal and/or external sources
- Performs data analysis for marketing, development, and program evaluation efforts
- In partnership with the Manager of Impact Data, prepares and shares data visualizations
- Collaborates with lending team to improve data collection processes
- Helps develop and implement processes to collect additional types of data as needed
- Maintains familiarity with impact management principles
- Contributes to the development of the organization’s impact measurement framework
- Conducts special research projects as needed
Grants & Report Management:
- Maintains familiarity with program compliance requirements
- Helps keep reporting calendar up-to-date
- Supports compliance reporting efforts, including to the CDFI Fund, Opportunity Finance Network, and other community development and finance partners
- Helps communicate grant and reporting requirements to staff
- Corresponds with funders as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to fluid work demands
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to pick up additional software and technology with ease
- Strong problem-solving skills and interest in continuously improving systems and processes
- Knowledge of impact data collection, monitoring, and evaluation
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and challenges
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication
- Comfortable working in a small-office environment
- Data visualization skills are desired
- GIS/mapping capabilities are a plus
- Minimum of two years’ work experience desired
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent education required, college or commensurate work experience desired
- Exposure to and/or experience in community development finance is desired.
We seek a team member who will provide competent, thorough, courteous, and efficient service to other team members, as well as our external stakeholders, with minimal direction, guidance, and oversight.
In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, CFE offers a generous benefits package that includes employee-sponsored health and dental, life insurance, a health savings account with annual employer contributions, a retirement plan with employer matching, paid parental leave, and a generous paid-time-off program.
Our robust benefits package includes:
403b with employer match
Medical and dental insurance with employer contribution
$2,800 annual HSA employer contribution for a family; $1,400 for an individual
16 PTO days to start; more after three years
11 paid holidays
5 paid sick days
Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
Flexible time for personal appointments
Remote work with 1 day at the office
Paid transportation (Metro or parking)
Employer-paid life insurance
WORKING AT CFE
CFE offers a unique start-up-like work environment that is open, innovative, and collaborative. We are committed to serving the communities we work and live in by leveraging financial tools, creativity, and technology. CFE is the right fit for intellectually ambitious individuals, willing to work hard and always holding him or herself accountable to a high bar of performance.
The City First family of organizations is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in our work and hiring practices. City First Enterprises entirely focuses on equality and economic inclusion and believes that diversity in opinion and background only helps further that mission.
Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial phone screen on a rolling basis.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Careers@cfenterprises.org. No phone calls, please.
CFE IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We provide equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of ethnicity, age, religion (and lack thereof), disability that can reasonably be accommodated, marital status (including domestic partner status), ancestry, nationality, national origin, family status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), other medical condition (physical or mental), AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, sexual identity, gender identification (including transgender status), sexual orientation, and veteran status.