Grant Program Consultant
SALARY RANGE: $35 Hourly
ABOUT CITY FIRST ENTERPRISES
City First Enterprises (CFE) is a financial institution working at the intersection of financial innovation and impact investment in the quest for a more equitable economy. CFE’s capital allocation vehicle is the Equitable Growth Fund, a loan fund designed to provide accessible debt capital to entrepreneurs, innovators, and change-makers working in affordable housing, small businesses, education, nonprofits, community facilities, green energy, and commercial real estate in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
CFE is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), a designation given by the United States Treasury to organizations expanding economic opportunity in low-income communities by providing access to financial products and services for residents and businesses. CFE is part of the City First Family of organizations, including City First Bank.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at https://www.cfenterprises.org/.
The ideal person for the Grants Program Consultant position knows how to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment and has strong attention to detail. They seek to play a pivotal role in a growing nonprofit community loan fund that is committed to mission-oriented lending across the region. The candidate will report to the Grant Programs Manager and be expected to work from home with the option of working in our DC office.
The role is responsible for performing administrative, monitoring, and reporting functions to support small business grants administered by City First Enterprises. The position includes various activities to ensure compliance with grant terms.
Additional responsibilities include providing competent, thorough, courteous, and efficient customer service to internal and external customers with minimal direction, guidance, and oversight.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process grant applications, including reviewing and verifying financial statements, business licensing, and permitting.
- Provide general information to applicants about eligibility, status, and reporting requirements.
- Request reports from grantees if reports have not been filed.
- Request missing information and documents during the reviewing, disbursement, and period of use of funds.
- Support the Grants Program Manager to elaborate reports and other documents related to grants administered by CFE.
- Perform other duties as may be deemed necessary and appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in data management and/or financial data analysis. Experience in underwriting, finance, and accounting will be helpful in this position.
- Ideal candidate has a range of 1-3 years working for a nonprofit. Experience managing grant programs is a plus.
- Strong writing and composition skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience or interest in working with diverse, low-income communities and small businesses. Interest in community development, racial equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful.
- Spanish is a plus.
In short, we are looking for an individual who would help us improve how we work day-to-day and maximize the growth and impact of our organization in the long term.
WORKING AT CFE
CFE offers a unique, start-up-like work environment that is open, innovative, and collaborative. We are committed to serving the communities we work and live in by leveraging financial tools, creativity, and technology. CFE is the right fit for intellectually ambitious individuals, willing to work hard, and always holding oneself accountable to a high bar of performance.
We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in our work and hiring practices. City First Enterprises’ mission is entirely focused on equality and economic inclusion, and we believe that diversity in opinion and background only helps further our goals.
Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial phone screen on a rolling basis.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
CFE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of ethnicity, age, religion (and lack thereof), disability that can reasonably be accommodated, marital status (including domestic partner status), ancestry, nationality, national origin, family status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), other medical condition (physical or mental), AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, sexual identity, gender identification (including transgender status), sexual orientation, and veteran status.