Development and Communications Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 – $80,000
ABOUT CITY FIRST ENTERPRISES
City First Enterprises helps achieve racial, economic, and social equity by providing underinvested communities with access to capital and financial expertise. A social impact loan fund, our borrowers are entrepreneurs and innovators who work in affordable housing, education, small businesses, the nonprofit sector, and on climate-focused initiatives, in particular green energy. With decades of experience as a Community Development Financial Institution, or CDFI, CFE has an unparalleled legacy of frontline community development in the DC and Baltimore metropolitan areas, and will be expanding to serve the Los Angeles metro area later this year.
CFE is part of the City First family of organizations, including City First Bank.
An innovative and fast-growing nonprofit organization, City First Enterprises is seeking a specialist for a high-impact, high-demand position. Reporting to the Director of Partnerships and Development, the Specialist will be contributing essential skills and talent to the communications, fundraising, impact measurement, and partnership development work of the team.
The position has great breadth and will provide significant opportunity to grow professionally. On any given day the team member might be drafting content for a newsletter, analyzing data about resource disparities among various communities, and updating our grants management systems. The right candidate will be highly organized and have strong attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate on the development of a language style guide
- Write and maintain a file of success stories to be available for proposals, reporting, and other communications
- Craft content for quarterly newsletter, press releases, and other periodic communications; maintain associated distribution lists
- Liaise with vendors re: production of marketing and communications collateral, both print and digital
- Update website content
- Work with CEO on drafting communication materials to the Board of Directors and other key stakeholders
Fundraising and partnerships
- Provide research and writing support for development of proposals for grants, earned revenue, and partnerships
- Coordinate comprehensive and timely grant report submissions
- Maintain fundraising and grants management systems (for prospects, reporting, and outreach)
- Maintain records of grant proposals, agreements, reports, communications, and gift recognition
- Update prospect research with new data as available
- Support the development of a theory of change, logic model, and metrics to assess organizational and programmatic impact and to guide organizational strategy and learning
- Help coordinate the integration of impact data collection and reporting across programs and platforms, plus run reports for funders
The Specialist will also perform other related duties as needed.
In addition to a competitive salary of $70,000-$80,000, commensurate to experience, CFE offers a generous benefits package that includes employee-sponsored health and dental, life insurance, a health savings account with annual employer contributions, a retirement plan with employer matching, paid parental leave, and a generous paid time off program.
Our robust benefits package includes:
- 403b with employer match
- Medical and dental insurance with employer contribution
- $2,800 annual HSA employer contribution for a family; $1,400 for an individual
- 16 days combined vacation and personal days to start; more after three years
- 11 paid holidays
- 5 paid sick days
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible time for personal appointments
- Work from home or the office as desired
- Paid transportation (Metro or parking)
- Employer-paid life insurance
WORKING AT CFE
CFE offers a unique, start-up-like work environment that is open, innovative, and collaborative. We are committed to serving the communities we work and live in by leveraging financial tools, creativity, and technology. CFE is the right fit for intellectually ambitious individuals, willing to work hard and always holding oneself accountable to a high bar of performance.
We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in our work and hiring practices. City First Enterprises’ mission is entirely focused on equality and economic inclusion, and we believe that diversity in opinion and background only helps further our goals.
Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial phone screen on a rolling basis.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
CFE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of ethnicity, age, religion (and lack thereof), disability that can reasonably be accommodated, marital status (including domestic partner status), ancestry, nationality, national origin, family status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), other medical condition (physical or mental), AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, sexual identity, gender identification (including transgender status), sexual orientation, and veteran status.